Monday, June 27, 2011

Blake McGrath: Burn The Floor | CD Cover + Packaging

Blake McGrath announced his next single off of his album "Time to Move" recently. It's called Burn The Floor and is a great dance record that I hoped he would pick for the single. He held a vote on his facebook page with a choice of three songs: Burn The Floor, Penthouse (feat. Trish) and Lovesick.

Upon announcing the new single, he posted a picture of the cover. I decided to design it myself and see what I could come up with for packaging, also.

There are two final designs because I decided to push the text closer together for the cover, as I thought in the end it matched more cohesively to the back cover. Also, the tracks are fictitious, using Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" single as inspiration for the tracklisting. Photography is copyright respective owner.



1 comment:

Jake said...

nice redesign. The 4 tracks kind of threw me off at first, but I think its definetly a more interesting way of listing them. I wouldnt try it for a full album, but it seems very dynamic here.