Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Beyoncé | 4 (Logotype + Cover Re-Design)

I recently bought the album '4' by Beyoncé and love the cover of the regular edition of the CD. I started thinking though, that the cover didn't really fit with the entirety of the music from the album, only the last track: Run The World (Girls). The album is mostly ballads which I love, and sets it apart from a lot of music circulating amongst the mainstream market currently. There is no auto-tune and the majority of the music is stripped down with a very 80's feel.

Because of these things, I chose to create my own logotype for the album, as well as a cover more suited to the type of music presented in the album. My favorites from these four are the first two. They have a classy flair to them, at the same time remaining unique so her direction in music for this particular record can be seen.


2 comments:

michellewoodward said...

I love love love the logotype, good job gareth! It's sexy with a disco vibe. I don't like Beyonce but this would stop me in HMV.

Brigitte Reichstein said...

Love the logotype. I would definitely buy a copy, and I haven't bought an album in years.
I'd have to say the second is my favourite.